Tensile strength test of zipper fasteners
Nowadays, zippers are used both for their usefulness and as a fashion accessory on clothes such as jackets, pants and skirts or even on bags and suitcases, where they play a vital role in terms of security. It is necessary to test the strength of each part of the zippers for quality control and ease of use. The test methods are described in JIS S 3015: 2019. This video measures the strength of a zipper when its bottom stop is pulled to failure using a method that complies with JIS S 3015-7.6: 2019. With the optional graphical software, it is possible to visually analyze the force transition during the entire test.
- This video highlights the breakage test for a zipper. This configuration may not be compatible with other types of fasteners.
- This example of a configuration is only given as a guide. It will vary depending on the fastener system, measurement method and test capability.
- Please select the correct product model by referring to each product's specifications to ensure compatibility.
Products used :
- ZTA/ZTS Series - Digital electronic dynamometer.
- MX2 Series - Vertical motorized force tester with counter and timer.
- GC Series - Flat clamp.