SM-1S: Sensor box (Inclinometer/Accelerometer) - Output signal 0-5V and two open-collector output switches
- Robust pressure die cast aluminium with an integrated sensor (SM-N & SM-NG, SM-B).
- Measuring uniaxial acceleration or inclination, Output signal 0-5V and two open-collector output switches.
Degree of Protection IP 65.
- Sensor and signal conditioner electrically isolated from housing.
- Temperature drift compensation.
- Insensitive of interference frequencies.
The SM-1S is a pressure die cast aluminium sensor housing (IP65) with an integrated sensor for measuring uniaxial acceleration or inclination.
As well as the sensor, the box contains a signal conditioner with 0 ... 5V output and two open-collector output switches, highly stable supply voltage that can be used externally as a reference point.
Furthermore, the signal conditioner includes an active low pass filter, whose upper cut-off frequency / settling time can be adjusted to suit the measurement task, and a noise voltage filter to guarantee the EMC. Interference signals caused by unwanted ground currents are eliminated by electrically isolating sensor and signal conditioner from the housing.
The SM-1S can accommodate larger inclinometers, such as the SM-NG.. series, that have a higher measuring accuracy. A special electronic temperature compensation system can significantly reduce the temperature sensitivity of the implemented sensor.
The compact PG metal cable gland and small housing size in combination with the max.5-wire connection enable the use of this high quality measuring system in harsh operating conditions.