Safety evaluation of an automatic sliding door
It is imperative to ensure the safety of automatic sliding doors. With the test presented here, it is possible to determine the safety criterion by measuring the dynamic and static forces applied on and by the sliding doors. This test requires the use of an extension shaft whose length corresponds to the distance between the wall and the door, in order to comply with the relevant part of JIS A4722:2017. When the sliding door hits the sensor, the maximum impact force value is measured and the Force-Time graph software allows the operator to confirm whether the dynamic and static forces are within the limits. It is possible to increase the accuracy of this test by using our extension handle. This measuring unit is suitable for the daily inspection of automatic sliding doors.
- This video highlights a compression test for a conventional sliding door. Some doors may not be suitable for this type of measurement due to their size or shape. In this case, it will be necessary to modify the configuration recommended here.
- This example of a configuration is only a guide. It will vary depending on the door, measurement method and test capacity.
- Please select the correct product model by referring to each product's specifications to ensure compatibility.
Hardware used :
- ZTS/ZTA Series - Digital electronic dynamometer.
- DM Series - Load cell for automatic doors.
- DM-ETM Series - Extension shaft and handle.